A successful company picnic can increase morale, reduce employee turnover and make everyone feel better about the company they work for. You’ve been assigned the duty of planning a company picnic this year – where do you start? What do I need to consider when planning a successful company picnic?
Here are some common strategies you must know to execute a successful event and to give you a roadmap to the areas that you need to consider in planning a successful event.
Answer the Who, What, When, Where, Why, How and you are on your way!
1. Determine a budget. This will help you and your account manager choose appropriate items for your event.
2. Select your date. Popular sites and dates can book up to a year in advance.
3. Determine your number of guests. Decide if friends and extended family will be included in the invitation.
4. Choose a location. Picnic Specialties may be able to help you locate a park or give you ideas on locations. (Include link)
5. When you call, ask the caterer for a copy of its catering (not business) license because the health department requires one.
6. Request a copy of the caterer’s liability insurance to ensure all your guests are covered at the event. Ask for a copy of the employer’s insurance to insure their staff is properly covered so you will not be held liable.
7. If you have a barbeque, ask the caterer if the meat will be served from pans or hot off the grill.
8. Inquire as to where their commercial kitchen is located and if you can see their facility.
9. Will the caterer be willing to meet with you and your committee to answer questions?
10. Hire an experienced, licensed, professional caterer and put your mind at ease! Hire Picnic Specialties.